The Christians vote both out of duty and out of self-preservation for it is a gift from those who have struggled and died to give us this wonderful privilege. We live at the apex of 2000 years of Christian influence on culture and society that has lifted us from the tyranny of Rome and beyond the murder and intrigue of absolute monarchs to the liberties of a Constitutional Republic!
Nothing is more unique throughout the annals of human history than the citizens of a nation that can peacefully choose their own leaders and we cannot neglect this duty for it represents the freedom and value of humanity being made in the Image of God.
- Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
- Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
- For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.
- For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.
- Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
In our Constitutional Republic the governing authority is the people through their sovereign vote. This does not change whether one vote's or not for the principal of submission (to the authority of the Constitution) and having a clear conscience (by supporting and voting for Godly leaders) is obeying the letter and spirit contained in these passages.
Is it any wonder we are in so much difficulty (bringing judgement on ourselves) when so many Bible believing Christians neither vote or participate (submit) to the governing authority of our Constitution?
All Christian Must Vote for it is our duty and a precious gift brought with great cost.
Click Image To Go To Online Voter Registration